Animal motifs are one of the hottest (and one of my personal favorite) trends in recent years. They’re a bold and fun way to show some major personality in your style. While very quirky, they’re also very chic.
I’ve picked out 15 of my favorite animal motif pieces that are in stores now and provided suggestions on how to style each one. For more animal motif finds, I recommend checking out Modcloth, Betsey Johnson, Wildfox, and ASOS.
1. Rock this horse tee under a faux leather jacket and half-tucked into boyfriend jeans, then add sleek ankle booties.
2. I own these zebra pants in olive green and LOVE them. Pair with a white tee, black strappy sandals (heel optional), and your go-to black jacket. Finish with a pendant necklace.
3. Make this Frenchie messenger your everyday book bag. It looks cute with everything from skinnies to casual dresses.
4. All your springiest styles will play well with this adorable bunny watch. I especially love it with a floral dress and metallic sandals or an ensemble of colorblocked pastels – like mint jeans and a melon jacket.
5. Cuff your fave jeans (be they faded boyfriends or neon skinnies) to show off these awesome flamingo sneakers. Add a white blouse and a crossbody bag and head to class.
6. Can’t you just see Taylor Swift taking this cat-print dress for a spin? Keep all the focus on the frock with neutral wedges and some simply feminine jewelry (I’m thinking pearl studs and a delicate bracelet). Tote your stuff in a small crossbody bag.
7. This pug bag is an attention grabber, so build your look around it. Wear it to a party with your LBD, black pumps, and gold jewelry. Or tote it on the weekend with a solid-colored blouse and jeans.
Product Info: Bird Earrings–Overstock, Cat Flats–Shopbop, Fox Scarf–Nordstrom, Giraffe Sweater–Forever 21, Owl Bag–Accessorize, French Bulldog Dress–Modcloth, Snail Necklace–Kate Spade, Bunny Phone Case–Forever 21.
8. These pretty bird earrings are the perfect finishing touch to a simple striped tee, skinny jeans and flats, or bolder outfits like a bright blazer over a dress.
9. These quirky rubber cat flats (they’re from a collab with Karl Lagerfeld!) would look chic with a hot pink fit-and-flare dress or as a fun finish to an otherwise polished cardi and skirt combo.
10. You can toss this fox-print scarf on with almost anything. I especially love it with a structured or utility jacket or with another print, like stripes.
11. Make this neutral giraffe-print sweater your new basic. Toss it over a button-down, pair it with leggings, or (my personal fave) layer it under a blazer or utility jacket and finish with a black skater skirt or dark denim.
12. Tote this owl crossbody with any outfit you’d normal finish with a casual brown bag (as long as the look’s not too flashy). It turns any basic weekend look into a creative style statement.
13. This French Bulldog dress is super-cute and super-quirky, and I’m in love. To pull it off, pair with minimal accessories – black or red flats and pearl studs are perfect. So are tall black boots and a cropped cardi.
14. I am so lusting after this fun snail pendant necklace! Throw it on over all your casual dresses, whether they’re floral, striped, or solid. It’s also a great finish to a tee and Daisy Dukes or skinnies, a white tank, and a jacket.
15. And finally, protect your phone in this sweet bunny case every day.
What do you think?
Are you into the animal motifs trend? Do you have any animal motif items in your closet? How do you wear them? Would you rock any of these pieces? Let me know in the comments!