As a new week begins, everyone can use some inspiration to get through the long days of class, work and homework ahead. It is always nice to have something to smile about... which is why I'm writing this post!
I think life is all about those simple pleasures that we often overlook. In reality, they can be the best part of your day. So, with that in mind, I present you mylist of the 30 little things that can always make you smile:
- A long conversation with a good friend
- The sun shining (especially on a 10 degree winter day!)
- Finding the perfect tee shirt
- ...and nabbing the last one left, in your size!
- Having mail in the mailbox (that is not an advertisement or a bill)
- A steamy shower after a long, stressful day
- Getting an extension on a big paper
- Waking up to the smell of coffee brewing
- Washing your sheets and then crawling into a freshly made bed
- Finding a new "cute animal" article on Buzzfeed (Like this- ahhhh!)
- A stroke of sudden inspiration for the essay due tomorrow
- Falling asleep to the sound of a rainstorm
- When your delivery food arrives sooner than expected
- The "class tomorrow is cancelled" e-mail
- A sale at your favorite online store
- Going to sleep without having to set an alarm
- Reaching into your pocket and resurfacing with a five dollar bill
- The feeling you get walking out of your last final exam
- Someone waiting an extra second to hold the door for you
- Finding something that you swore you lost a month ago
- Hitting every green light on the way to work
- Downloading a new favorite song to your iPod
- Putting on a sweater right out of the dryer
- When it's time for the new episode of your favorite show
- A day in spent lounging in bed, clearing your entire Netflix queue
- The first sip of ice cold water after a long workout
- Your apartment after "cleaning day"
- A pan of freshly baked cookies
- The feeling you get when you finally finish something
- Seeing someone else's smile... and knowing you put it there
Of course, we all have different little moments that we appreciate most. Whether or not you identify with those listed above, I hope my personal list can inspire you to take a moment and think of your own simple pleasures. It's important to remind yourself of these things that we sometimes take for granted.
If nothing else, I hope this post put a smile on your face, and has put you in a good mood to start the week!
What little things bring you joy? Do you find yourself thinking of moments that you normally overlook? Did this post brighten your day? :) I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments section!