Ladies . . . whether we like it or not, it’s wintertime yet again. Are you prepared?
Depending on how cold it gets by you, you may have to layer on the layers, or simply throw on a light down coat and be on your way. Either way, this ultimate guide to winter outerwear has something for everyone.
Coats, gloves, hats, scarves. These are the four must haves in every winter wardrobe. Good thing I have carefully selected 6 of each with mini descriptions attached. So, basically, you don’t have to worry about any frostbite, frozen fingers, or sore neck from the sharp winds.
Scroll down to see 24 cute winter accessories + prepare to have all of your winter needs met.
Warning: Coats (and boots) are the priciest of the outerwear needs. However, trust me, you don’t want to skimp on a nice winter coat, especially if you live where it snows a lot. The coats below are priced from $79-$119.
- This Cole Haan navy down puffer coat is the coat you see from year to year — meaning it’s never goin’ out of style. Simple, classic, and super warm, this is a no-brainer.
- If you need something flattering and stylish, look no further than the L.L. Bean Winter Warmer Jacket in black and grey. It’s destined to keep you toasty all year long as it is extremely durable, and the fit complements any body type.
- Now, ladies, you all know how much CF loves burgundy, so I had to add in a burgundy coat, complete with a faux-fur collar, from London Fog. The chevron quilting of this coat gives it an edge, and if there are times you don’t want fur on your neck, no worries, you can take it off.
- 32 degrees made a perfectly packable down jacket in a gorgeous eggplant color. Traveling soon? This jacket packs down to fit into a small bag. Filled with down and feathers, this jacket is lightweight, comfortable, and convenient.
- Want another take on a down jacket? Uniqlo presents you with a grey version that is thin, warm, and light. If you live in cities where the snowfall doesn’t typically rise more than a couple inches, this is the coat for you. (I’m lookin’ at you – you lucky Californians.)
- And if you are as glamorous as you are fashion-forward, Tahari made a faux fur trimmed grey coat that is destined for your closet. Doesn’t this coat just immediately make you feel like a million bucks? And that white collar . . . love.
Hats, Headbands + Earmuffs
- Ear warmers are the cutest winter accessory, IMO. And boysenberry-colored ones? Sold. Oh, and the best part? They fold down to half the size making them a perfect travel accessory! Grab these ones now from Macy’s.
- Aghh, feel like Vanessa Hudgens in these adorable grey faux fur earmuffs from Loft. Glam with a pop of furry texture.
- Who said hats had to be boring? Grab a bright orange pom-pom beanie to ensure your look stands out.
- If you’re looking for a super soft, inexpensive winter headband, AE has got ya covered. This cream cozy knit headband is both warm and fleecy.
- Maybe you’re in the mood for a colored headband, perhaps red? Macy’s has a bright red fleece-lined cable-knit headband perfect for holiday time.
- Everyone loves North Face jackets, but did you know they have super cute beanies, too? This beanie in honeysuckle pink has a slouchy fit and simply screams “ski lodge”.
- Looking for a soft, ribbed scarf that comes in a lovely ivory color? This Calvin Klein number is the one for you. Silky soft + a beauteous color to boot.
- Red plaid is such a nice pop of color to add to a black ensemble! And, this scarf is under $10!! Cozy up in this buffalo bouclé plaid scarf from AE.
- The North Face does it once again! This time it’s a grey knitted infinity scarf that is def meant for you to bundle up in.
- I can honestly say I’ve never seen a scarf quite like this navy one from Lululemon. It’s called a Vinyasa scarf (vinyasa = the movement between poses in yoga), and it is the most customizable scarf around! Click over to the product to see 7 different way to wear it.
- Ahhhh, blanket scarves; a true winter wonder. Old Navy has a pink plaid one on sale right now, and it is as soft and blanket-like as its name portrays.
- Want a cute and girly scarf with a sophisticated feel? This Betsey Johnson scarf comes in a sweet pink color with multicolored accents throughout.
Gloves + Mittens
Products: Pink Gloves – The North Face, Black/Gold Gloves – Macy’s, Light Grey Gloves – JCPenney, Vintage White Mittens – The North Face, Blue Mittens – L.L. Bean, Ivory Convertible Gloves – World Market
- Like to be active in the wintertime? First of all, props to you. Second of all, snag a pair of petticoat pink gloves from TNF that give light coverage but keep you warm at the same time.
- Want to look chic yet be able to text without holding one glove in the middle of your teeth? Yeah, same. Good thing Michael Kors made a pair of quilted leather gloves with touch tips! Stylish, sleek, and no freezing hands required.
- Here’s another pair of touch tipped gloves, except more wintery and a tad warmer! These light grey Isotoner gloves are fuzzy and midweight, so not too heavy and not too light!
- I, for one, am a fan of mittens. Sure, they’re not the most practical considering you can’t do as much with them but they are so cute, warm, and wintery. If you feel the same way, check out TNF’s vintage white cable knit mittens that are lined with cozy fleece.
- And if you like mittens, but also like to throw snowballs at, like, everyone, grab a pair of L.L. Bean’s ultrawarm mittens in “night”. These mittens are filled with faux fur and have the outer texture of a winter coat, so your hands will be safe as you make snow angels.
- I had to add a pair of convertible ones! These gloves are so handy when you just can’t decide whether it’s a glove or mitten day. This ivory pair is super cheap at World Market and includes faux sherpa lining to keep your hands snuggly and toasty.
Pssst . . . need boots? No worries! CF has got ya covered — just check out our article on the best winter boots for snow, slush, and ice!
Do you love winter or are you singin’ the winter blues?
What do you think of these winter accessories? Is there anything I missed? Comment below.