My name is Zephyr, and I’m a 27-year-old college grad living in Boston, MA. I am a fan of fearless style, pretty things, unnatural hair colors, vegetarians, self deprecation, constant optimism, liquid liner, Sour Patch Kids, my two sisters, my wonderful adopted cat, and Lloyd Dobler.
I created College Fashion in March of 2007 because I loved reading fashion blogs but couldn’t find any that were aimed specifically at college students. All my favorite fashion sites and magazines catered either to middle-aged women or 16-year-olds in high school. I started this website to fill that need. It began as a fun hobby but it’s grown into a full time job and then some!
Now that I’ve graduated, I work on College Fashion full time. For the first time in my life I can honestly say I love my job: Though running CF is a lot of work, I get to be creative every day and connect with amazing readers around the world. To me, it doesn’t get much better than that.
Of course I don’t claim to be the authority on all things fashion – I’m just a huge fan of style who is constantly observing and taking it all in. I’m not interested in promoting fashion elitism, consumerism, or any other ism. I believe that you can wear anything (I do mean anything) and pull it off when you have confidence. I also believe that style should be accessible to everyone – status and brand names should have nothing to do with it.
If you want to contact me, my email is zephyr AT collegefashion.net, or you can use this contact form.
5 Fun Facts About Me
- I'm an obsessive perfectionist Virgo who only believes in astrology when it applies to me.
- I love pretentious, arty movies, but I like to think admitting they’re pretentious makes them less so.
- I grew up in a small town on Cape Cod, MA.
- I graduated from UMass Amherst with a Bachelor of Business Administration in marketing.
- Editing College Fashion is my only job and I couldn’t be happier about that.
- Iowa State Daily: What to Buy this Spring Break, March 2014
- Seventeen.com: 12 Bloggers Choose the Prettiest Prom Looks, February 2014
- Happier.co.uk: 12 Dynamic Pieces of Advice from Top Financial Bloggers, July 2013
- Financial Times: Bloggers on fashion's front row, October 2012
- People Stylewatch: The Most Gorgeous Gowns of the Year - My Top 5 Gowns!, September 2012
- People Magazine: Chose "Under 25" winner for People's Ten Best Dressed of 2012, September 2012
- The New York Times: A Sly Wink to Pinups of the Past, May 2012
- The New York Times: On Campus, Taking Fashion Seriously, October 2011
- Refinery29: 5 Cool Campus Basics from a College Style Expert, September 2011
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Professional Blogger Spotlight: College Fashion, April 2011
- Daily Trojan: Entrepreneurship Isn't Just for Grads, October 2010
- MediaBistro: How to Take Advantage of College: Start a Business, September 2010
- PBS MediaShift: How College Students Became Mini-Media Moguls in School, September 2010
- Humber Etc.: From runway to Humber halls, September 2010
- WalletPop: From Anapata to Zuckerberg: 10 college whiz kids & their successful start-ups, August 2010
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: What to pack for college and what to leave behind, August 2010
- CNN: The New Generation of Entrepreneurs, August 2010
- BeautifulStranger.TV: Zephyr Basine - Street Snaps, June 2010
- CovertCandy: Featured Blog and Question & Answer: College Fashion, May 2010
- WalletPop: Zephyr Basine's 'College Fashion' blog goes to head of the class -- with style, April 2010
- I Heart Daily: Style Blogger: Zephyr Basine of College Fashion, April 2010
- College Media Matters: In the Spotlight: College Fashion Founder Zephyr Basine, January 2010
- *eLLa iNsPiReD*: Ladies of the Blogisphere - Zephyr Basine, January 2010
All posts by Zephyr
In case you missed it, something super-awesome happened this week: Scientists successfully landed a probe on a comet for the first time ever! Check out photos from the comet here. How to Get Sh** Done When You’re Totally Unmotivated, via The Nectar Collective. Speaking of motivation and getting organized, CF writer Sarah recommends the free […]
Because we heart her so: 14 Times Emma Stone Broke a Fashion Rule and It Paid Off, via The Gloss. From A Little Opulent, here’s how to make a productive to-do list. There’s an art to it, involving flexibility and tailoring for your list needs. Interesting: Your preferred heel height may be determined by where […]
Do you go extra HAM on slang or are you the wait-what friend? Banish your FOMO and learn the A-Z of slang with this YouTube video by i-D. Taylor Swift takes down sexist critics with one very good point. Definitely agree with this. ICYMI: Kelly Clarkson covered “Shake it Off” in concert! One more Taylor […]