Is there any singular makeup item that makes you feel more fierce than red lipstick? I don't think so. Red lipstick has the power to transform any look, but it can be tough to find a reliable color that complements your skin tone. Contrary to what some people say, I think there's a red lipstick out there that will look good on anyone.
Here at CF, we've done the hard work for you and rounded up 13 of our favorite red lipsticks that will have you ready for a night out on the town in no time.
1. Benetint $30 – Although it's expensive in comparison to the other products in this article, Benetint is incredibly versatile because it can be used as both a lip stain and blush. The color is sheer, so it's great for a more casual look and is also buildable and long-lasting.
2. Revlon Matte Lipstick, Really Red $6.39 – This matte lipstick is so fab, and very reasonably priced considering the quality. It's also a good shade for fair skin tones because it isn't overly pink.
3. Laura Geller Love Me Dew Moisturing Lip Crayon, Cranberry Glaze $16 – Infused with Vitamin E, this lip crayon is ideal if you have a problem with lipsticks drying your lips out. It's also shiny, pigmented, and has amazing staying power.
4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, Cherries in the Snow $4.99 – Although it's more of a raspberry shade than true red, this lipstick is a fantastic winter color. It applies easily and is long-lasting given the inexpensive price.
5. MAC Retro Matte Lipstick, Ruby Woo $16 – This cult favorite lipstick tops just about everyone's favorite lipsticks list, and for good reason. It has a blue undertone that looks good on just about everyone and is highly pigmented.
6. L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Color, British Red $5.97 – You can find this at any drugstore on the planet and it's probably one of the best budget buys you'll find. Plus it's British, so ya can't go wrong.
7. Maybelline Superstay Lip Color, All Day Cherry $8.99 – I've been using this line of lip colors for a few years now and have absolutely no complaints. The colors are intense and stay put through literally anything. This shade is one of my personal favorites.
8. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick, 001 $4.97 – If I had to narrow down this list to one lipstick I couldn't live without, it would be this one. I urge you to try out the entire Kate Moss lipstick line, starting with this perfectly matte, classic, long-lasting shade.
9. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick, Beso $22 – This lipstick takes a little getting used to since it comes in a liquid formula, but it isn't sticky and is quite moisturizing. The color is also very vibrant.
10. NARS Lipstick, Jungle Red $27 – NARS lipsticks never disappoint and this shade is no exception. Although it is a little pricey, you can really tell the difference in the quality of the lipstick and the creamy, almost silky consistency.
11. e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color, Rich Red $3 – At a mere three dollars, this lipstick is certainly a bargain. The creamy formula is gorgeous and twists up so you'll never have to worry about sharpening it.
12. Wet n' Wild Megalast Lip Color, Stoplight Red $2.29 – This is hands-down the least amount of money you'll ever spend on a lipstick, and it's said to be a dupe for the MAC Ruby Woo lipstick listed above. What's not to love?
13. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, Underage Red $20 – Of all the lipsticks on this list, this color and formula is the best to make out (and eat) in. It applies like a lipgloss and once it dries it does. not. budge. It's worth every penny.
If you'd like a specific breakdown of what red lip shade will work best for your skin tone, check out this awesome guide from The Beauty Department.
Last but certainly not least, I'd love to hear about what your favorite red lip color is. I'm always looking for new colors and brands, so let us know in the comments!