Have you ever wondered if your zodiac sign helps dictate your personal style? That’s what we at CF are trying to discover in this four-part series that explores the link between fashion and the stars.
In case you missed the first two parts, see Zodiac Style: Air Signs – Aquarius, Gemini & Libra, and Zodiac Style: Fire Signs – Aries, Leo & Sagittarius. If you’re an Earth sign, expect a post on your style up next.
For the third installment, we will be looking at the water signs (Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio) and their personal style. Water signs have a romantic and observant nature and will often wear their emotions quite literally on their sleeve. (Water girls tend to dress according to how they feel on any particular day.) However, these signs have totally different styles, which you can learn more about below:
Pisces (February 19- March 20)
Symbol: The Fish
Traits: Romantic, Imaginative, Helpful
Colors: Sea Green, Violet, Indigo
Fashionable Pisces: Whitney Port, Ashley Greene, Rihanna
- Pisces are true romantics, which makes them drawn to flowy, feminine and delicate styles.
- Fish girls embrace creativity and are always searching for unique and artsy accessories.
- Pisces rules over the feet, so girls under this sign love wearing fabulous shoes.
Looks for Inspiration
This sign is all about romantic, dreamy pieces like this flowy blue top. When worn with some basic jeans, it makes a gorgeous yet simple daytime look. Add some fabulous caged shoes (don’t the straps remind you of ocean waves?) and accessorize with an intricate cuff bracelet and these pretty earrings.
What Pisces wouldn’t love this sea foam green dress, with its flowy, structured style and feminine purple sash? Girls under this sign love artsy looking accessories like this interesting clutch and the adorably unique fish ring. Finally, add some structured and feminine heels to satisfy the Pisces love for shoes.
Cancer (June 21- July 21)
Symbol: The Crab
Traits: Patient, Creative, Compassionate
Colors: Silver, Pearl White, Pastels
Fashionable Cancers: Diane Kruger, Jessica Simpson, Selena Gomez
- Cancers usually dress according to their mood, so their style is forever changing, and could be completely different from one day to the next.
- Crabs are very sentimental, so they look for clothes that have a story to them. Girls under this sign are also big fans of vintage clothing and accessories.
- This sign loves to wear clothing that is both traditional and feminine with lots of soft details.
Looks for Inspiration
Cancers love a traditional look and is there anything more classic than jeans and a white top? This top has a soft look with embroidered detailing, and the jeans are a universally-flattering boot cut. I added some basic black flats with a feminine bow and a vintage-looking quilted bag for interest. Finally, accessorize with some delicate pearl drop earrings.
The second look mixes both classic and vintage styles with a simple linen dress. Layer an always-classic white blazer to amp up the style and put on some matching peep-toe pumps to tie the look together. Pin a vintage-inspired brooch to the blazer for interest and add this two-toned clutch that finishes off the traditional look.
Scorpio (October 23- November 21)
Symbol: The Scorpion
Traits: Dynamic, Social, Intuitive
Colors: Black, Dark Red, Purple
Fashionable Scorpios: Katy Perry, Rachel McAdams, Anne Hathaway
- Scorpios are drawn to intense, rich colors, but usually have a closet full of dark-colored clothes.
- This sign loves to attract attention with their clothing, but always leaves a little something to the imagination.
- A Scorpion likes simple clothes with an edge and a hint of sex appeal.
Looks for Inspiration
For the first outfit, I wanted to capture a look that was both dynamic and mysterious. The bold red top is simple and the mesh detailing shows just a hint of skin. Some simple black pants balance out the bold top, while these shoes maintain the bombshell look Scorpios love. Accessorize with a unique cuff bracelet and add to the air of mystery with some oversized shades.
Scorpios aren’t afraid to show a little skin and that’s exactly what this unique LBD does, while still maintaining a simple and classic shape. Add to the edgy look Scorpions are fond of with these structured heels and accessorize with dramatic drop earrings and a wine-colored clutch.
More in this series:
- Zodiac Style: Air Signs – Aquarius, Gemini & Libra
- Zodiac Style: Fire Signs – Aries, Leo & Sagittarius
What’s your sign?
Do you believe in astrology? Are you a water sign? If so, does your style resemble your zodiac sign? Would you wear any of these outfits? Do you admire a celeb who shares your zodiac sign? Leave a comment to let us know and be sure to keep an eye out for the final installment!