With weather in the Northeast anything but wintery lately, I’m completely obsessed with cardigans. These hot little button down sweaters aren’t just for teachers anymore – they are stylish, cute and functional.
It’s so easy to wear a cardigan, and every girl’s wardrobe needs one this season. Here’s why:
- They add color & interest to any outfit. Buy a cardigan in a bright color (I love the purple tend for fall) to dress up a neutral outfit. A plain black tank top looks amazing with a colorful cardigan, jeans and some simple jewelry.
- Dress them up or down. Cardigans are great for throwing on for class and staying warm, but are equally awesome to wear at work, to internships, dinner with your boyfriend’s conservative parents, etc.
- You’ll be prepared for any weather. Throw a cardigan in your tote bag to protect from unexpected cold outside or even air conditioning. You’ll look cute and be comfortable no matter what!
- Wear your summer tank tops into fall. All those fabulous summer tank tops you own are good through November with a simple cardigan on top. Hello wardrobe versatility!
- The celebrity style factor. Look at how chic Jessica Alba, Rachel Bilson and Reese Witherspoon look in their cardigans – paired with skinny jeans, a scarf, or even a dress and flats.
Celebs who love cardigans: (click to enlarge photos)
Now that you know why you need one, here’s where to buy a cardigan:
- Urban Outfitters carries lots of cute and trendy cardigans in both basic and unique styles. Plus, the prices are good.
- Gap.com is a great source for all things basic, casual and classic at rock-bottom prices. They have a great cardigan selection!
- H&M is another great source for cardigans of every color at insanely good prices. You can’t shop online, but if you have a H&M nearby, definitely check out their cardigans.
Thoughts, comments, opinions on this? Post a comment below and let me know what you think!