With Spring Break finally here — meaning tons of free time — you might want some new recommendations for things to read, watch, and listen to. I’m here to help!
From my favorite blogs, books, and YouTubers to movies I’m rewatching and songs I have on repeat, here are my top recommendations for when you need to pass the time.
Table of Contents
My Reading List
- Love Lauren Elizabeth (Blog) – Lauren has been on YouTube since 2011, talking fashion, beauty, wellness, travel, and lifestyle. Her blog is fairly new to the scene, but it’s just as relatable and approachable as her videos, and is one of my favorite reads!
- Capture Your Style by Aimee Song (Book) – Aimee is one of my favorite fashion bloggers and my go-to source for inspiration. Instagram is one of her biggest platforms, so when she put out this book, I couldn’t not get it. This book is worth the read if you’re looking to learn how to create the perfect flat lay, find the best editing apps, and turn your aesthetic into a personal brand. (This is one of our go-to girlboss books here at CF, so it’s a favorite around here!)
- Sivan Ayla (Blog) – Sivan’s blog is dedicated to styling, cooking, home decor, travel, and beauty. Her approach and style is more luxurious than casual, but, like she says, the idea is to always find a reason to pop champagne, even on a weekday.
- The Woman I Wanted to Be by Diane von Furstenberg (Book) – DVF is credited for making the wrap dress what it is today, among other achievements. This biography reflects on her life, from childhood in Belgium to being a jet-set princess to her life in New York as a mother and powerhouse fashion designer. If you don’t know what you want to be, but know the kind of woman you want to be, this book is your perfect match.
- Man Repeller: Seeking Love. Finding Overalls by Leandra Medine (Book) – Leandra is the founder of Man Repeller, a blog that explores fashion and life with openness and humor. Leandra recounts her most significant memories with sass and blunt honesty in this biography. She reminds you that it’s okay to embrace even your most repellent qualities and still be the fashionista you want to be!
- Claudia Sulewski (Youtube Channel) – If you know Lauren Elizabeth, then you probably know Claudia; they’re the best BFF duo! Claudia’s been making YouTube videos since 2010, covering fashion, beauty, wellness, and lifestyle.
- Jenn Im (Youtube Channel) – Before she was Jenn Im, she used to be known as ClothesEncounters. Jenn’s edgy and unique sense of style and quirky humor made me fall in love with her channel. She mainly covers fashion and lifestyle with a few makeup tutorials here and there.
- What Happened to Monday (Netflix) – In a dystopian world with a strict one-child policy, a group of septuplets try to avoid government detection when they go on a search for their missing sister. If you’re looking for plot twists and action, this Netflix original movie is jaw-dropping.
- Veronica (Netflix) – This Netflix original horror movie is based on the true story of Estefania Gutierrez Lazaro in Madrid, Spain. After holding a seance at school, a teen girl minding her younger siblings suspects an evil force has entered their apartment. You won’t be able to watch this movie all the way through!
- The Good Place (Netflix or Hulu) – When Eleanor Shellstrop (Kristen Bell) dies, she wakes up in an afterlife paradise reserved for only the most ethical people. She later realizes that she’s been mistaken for somebody else. The characters, humor, storyline, and plot twists have easily made this my favorite TV show! You can watch it on Netflix or Hulu.
My Ultimate Playlist
Whether you’re looking for a study playlist, the best workout jams, or road trip tunes, here is my go-to playlist at the moment.
What are you obsessed with right now?
Do you have a book you can’t put down, a TV show you can’t stop binge-watching, or a song that’s been on repeat? Comment your best recommendations below!