One of the hardest decisions when first becoming makeup obsessed is choosing your makeup brushes. There are so many different brands and types that it can be hard to know where to start!
I know that there are a ton of questions surrounding makeup brushes, such as, “Do you need a whole brush kit?” “Are MAC brushes really worth it?”, etc. So I’m here to help. Watch the video below to see which types of brushes I think are really worth it and get started building your own makeup brush collection!
Makeup Brushes 101:
- A Tapered Blending Brush: MAC 217 $22.50
- An Angled Liner Brush: Coastal Scents Taklon Brush $1.95
- A Large Fluff Brush: Too Faced Teddy Pouf Brush $32.00
- A Brow Brush and Mascara Wand: Royal and Langnickel (The one featured in the video is part of a collection, but they do sell the brushes alone for about $2-4)
- A Contouring Brush: MAC 168 Contour $34.00
- A Duo Fiber Foundation Brush: Sigma Duo Fiber $18 (Sorry about the price difference!)
- An Eyeshadow Brush: MAC 252 EyeShadow $30.00
- A Fluffy Blending Brush: Sigma Blending $11.00
- A Concealer Brush: Ecotools Concealer $7.98
- A Thin Brush for Smudging: Royal and Langnickel Smudger (The one featured in the video is part of a collection, but they do sell the brushes alone for about $3-5)
Brush Cleaning Products:
What are some of your essential brushes? What’s your favorite brush? Where do you buy your brushes? Let me know what you think!
*Top photo: iStockPhoto.com