For fans of the TV show Hart of Dixie, or the college girl who wants to channel some major southern charm, here are some tips on how to dress like Lemon Breeland, the ultimate southern belle. Don't worry if you lack a southern accent, or don't live anywhere near the south - you can still sport this style any time of year!
Below, I've broken down Lemon's sense of style and created three outfits inspired by her sweet, girly look.
Lemon Breeland's name says it all… She's a proper southern woman who knows how to get her way. Her style is preppy, with a feminine, classically southern twist.
Lemon can be very stubborn, but she knows how to get things done. She also struggles with controlling her feelings, and she tends to wear her heart on her sleeve. Most of all, Lemon adores living in the small town of Bluebell, Alabama and nobody… not even Zoe Hart, could make her leave.
Five Must-Have Lemon Style Pieces:
Lemon's style is simple to achieve with the right pieces. Here are the five must-haves to recreate her look.
- Headbands - Lemon loves decorate her hair, so choose headbands that have flowers, pearls, or other accents on them.
- Flats - Find simple, flat shoes that you can walk comfortably in. If you don't know where to begin, try finding flats in basic colors like white, black, and yellow, which can be mixed with everything you own.
- Cardigans - Whether you love them or hate them, the cardigan is a staple in Lemon's wardrobe. Try them out, or opt for a jean jacket instead.
- Chunky Jewelry - Lemon may be a delicate lady, but her accessories are loud and proud. Find big floral, pearl, or rhinestone bracelets and necklaces to get her look. Also look for pearl studs or preppy bows to complete this look.
- Dresses/Blouses - One or the other (or both). Scour your favorite store for floral dresses or a fun blouse to try out this look. Lemon is very feminine and loves to play up her coy, southern charm while prancing around in modest floral tops and frilly dresses.
This first look is easy to achieve. All you need is a dress with a floral pattern, a colorful cardigan, some flats, and a few complementary accessories. First, I chose a bold flower necklace that stands out and adds personality to the outfit and simple pearl studs. Look for headbands that add character and style, like this floral one, which is a nod to Lemon's signature hair flower.
This second look is similar to the first, except for the choice of accessories. Mix up your Lemon-inspired wardrobe easily by choosing some brightly colored flats, a pastel cardigan, and a heavier, bolder necklace. This look is sure to satisfy anyone yearning for some sunshine in their day, especially with the pops of yellow.
This last look is different from the other two, but it still gives off a distinctly Lemon vibe. Find a blouse that has a feminine pattern to it and pair it with some tailored shorts or pants (depending on the season). Then, accessorize with girly touches like bow earrings, a pearl/rhinestone bracelet, and a coordinating headband. Finish with simple flats.
What if the weather isn't very nice?
While these looks would work right now if you live somewhere warm, not everyone has that luxury! Here are some tips to get Lemon's look even in colder weather.
- Don't be afraid to mix and match these looks. Whatever the season, you're sure to find a Lemon-inspired look that appeals to your tastes. Maybe take a colorful cardigan from one look or just add a Lemon-inspired headband to your favorite ensemble.
- For winter attire, try a floral scarf, tailored pants, and a fun hair accessory. Or swap any of the dresses for a floral top and jeans, but keep all the other accessories and cardigans the same.
What do you think?!
Now it's your turn - I want to hear your thoughts. Are you a fan of Hart of Dixie and the trendy styles on the show? Which look is your favorite? Let me know what you think in the comments below!