Yet another reason that your morning makeup routine is worth the extra time: a new study proves that makeup affects both your mood and also the way you are perceived socially.
Students at the London College of Fashion polled 1,026 people and found:
- 85% of women thought wearing makeup helped lift their mood on a bad day.
- 8 out of 10 women said that they preferred their female colleagues to wear makeup.
- 78% said they believed wearing makeup affected the way they were treated by others.
- 80% of women said they would rather employ a woman who wore makeup than one who didn’t.
- 67% believed they got better treatment from others when they wore makeup.
The results don’t lie. While I don’t think you should be required to spend hours getting ready every day, a little bit of concealer and mascara can make a HUGE difference on anyone. And besides, if you enjoy wearing makeup anyway, why not play with makeup and feel good about it?
Because I’m curious, I thought I would ask CF readers to answer. What do you think about this study and makeup in general? Leave a comment below!