One of my favorite footwear trends of this season is definitely the contrast-toe shoe trend. You can find variations of this look everywhere – from glitter-tipped heels to metallic-tipped flats and everything in between, these shoes have been super hot all year and aren’t going anywhere yet.
If you want to try this trend on a budget, good news: These shoes are very easy to DIY with things you more than likely already have around!
What you’ll need:
- Shoes (I used tennis shoes from Target, but you can also do this to flats)
- Gold paint (I used Martha Stewart Crafts metallic paint)
- Masking tape
- Plastic plate
1. Prepare your area. Cover the floor in newspaper. Pour the paint onto the plastic plate.
2. Tape off the section of the shoes you want to paint. Make sure you press down along the edges so no paint leaks through. Double check to ensure that the shoes are exactly the same.
3. Begin painting the shoes. I used a wide brush to apply the paint. Once you’ve painted one coat, let the shoes dry before applying a second coat if needed.
4. Remove the tape once you’ve applied enough coats, and you’re done! A new pair of on- trend shoes, perfect for the holiday season! You could also do this with mod podge and glitter instead of paint.
What do you think?
Do you love this trend? Will you be making your own gold tip shoes? Have a DIY you want to see? Let us know in the comments!