The gingham trend really started blowing up in the spring of 2015, and the girly checks quickly became one of my favorite prints. Gingham is flirty and feminine, and looks just as great paired with solids as it does with other plaids or florals.
Over a year later, the look still feels fresh, and I'm just as obsessed as ever. So I've picked ten adorable gingham items that will keep that summery spring in your step through September and beyond.
1. A black-and-white gingham sundress is a summer must for every girl (and I love the tie waist on this Dorothy Perkins one). With black tights and boots, it can be cute all winter long, too.
2. I'm obsessed with this Miss Selfridge shirt. It has a chic menswear vibe, but the little ruffles make it feminine. Pair it with your best BF jeans (black or blue) and oxfords, or girl it up with a floral midi.
3. I've been coveting Tommy Hilfiger's gingham bags for ages now. This mini one will look very high-fashion over an outfit featuring other prints, or will complement a pastel dress perfectly.
4. This Dorothy Perkins topper combines two of the biggest trends right now: gingham and bomber jackets. Pair it with ripped jeans or a bandage skirt and sneakers.
5. These Cole Haan loafers are preppy perfection. Slip 'em on with a tee and shorts for a classic look, or let them add an unexpected touch to a blazer and cuffed jeans.
6. This off-the-shoulder Topshop dress looks beyond comfy. All you need are some sneaks or sandals (and maybe a crossbody bag) and you're ready for a chill summer day out.
7. This checked Miss Selfridge top makes gingham look unexpectedly sexy. Sure, this piece is an all-star for a night out with skinny pants or a black skirt, but I'd also love it layered under a jacket and paired with something high-waisted for day.
8. This Intermix skirt is super high-fashion, and it's on sale right now! (Though still pricey, it's an amazing statement piece.) Tuck in a white tank, add some ankle boots, and maybe throw on a cropped jacket (black or denim) and you'll instantly look like a street style star.
9. This cute LeSportsac pouch is the trendiest way to store your makeup, pencils, or any other essentials.
10. Finally, I actually own this Betsey Johnson bikini top and it scores me tons of compliments! The crochet detail and little bow make me feel like pinup girl perfection, and the thick halter straps are practical and flattering.
What do you think?
Do you still love the gingham trend? What's your fave way to wear it? Will you be snagging any of the pieces in this post? Let me know in the comments!