October, as Breast Cancer Awareness month, is the best time of year to be a pink lover. It seems like every product under the sun is pink and is donating something to a cancer research center. However, it's tough to tell if these companies are just jumping on the bandwagon or are really trying to make a contribution to stop 1 in every 8 women from having to deal with such a terrible disease.
I've scoured the web to find the very best ways for you to get glam and make a philanthropic statement. Here are some of the best ones:
1. Michael Kors' Key To The Cure Tee at Saks.com, $40 (over $30 from each sale goes to local women's cancer charities, and an added bonus is that starting on the 15th, Saks will donate 2% of this weekend's total sales to local and national women's charities! So buy this in two days!!)
2. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, $35, or trio of Long Lasting Glosswear Key Chain, $18.50 ($10 from the purchase of either item goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation)
3. Avon Crusade Tote, $10 (100% of the net profits--$6.22--will go directly to the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade)
4. Philosophy Shower for the Cure Shower Gel, $20 (all proceeds go to the Women's Cancer Research Fund)
5. Ann Taylor Loft Breast Cancer Ribbon Bracelet, $24.50, ($5 from each sale goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation)
6. Estee Lauder Pink Ribbon Lip Design Collection, $22 (Estee Lauder will make a $500,000 donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, supported by money from the sales of this collection of products)
7. OPI Pink of Hearts Nail Polish, $7.50 (OPI will make a $25,000 donation to Susan G. Komen for the Cure and a $5,000 to the Canadian organization Rethink Breast Cancer)
These are my favorites--what are yours? Have you heard of other products that make large donations to support breast cancer research? Have you bought any of these products? Tell us in the comments!