While lace never really goes out of style, its new incarnations are huge this fall! Lace accented pieces are as hot as ever, while tops, skirts, and dresses made entirely from the feminine textile have begun to come into fashion.
As we discussed in our article on how to wear lace, this fabric can be tricky to pull off. However, we know once you’ve mastered it, you’ll love this fabric as much as we do! Below, I’ve searched the web to find 20+ amazing lace pieces you’ll want for your wardrobe!
Tips and Tricks for Wearing Lace
While we’ve already covered how to wear lace in depth (check out that post for outfit ideas!), here are a few more tips and tricks to pulling off this fabric!
- Less is more. Since lace is an attention-grabber on its own, it’s best to keep your ensemble simple. If you’re unsure about this trend, try wearing only one lace piece per outfit for a look that’s pretty, not busy!
- Cover up. Keep lace pieces classy by wearing something underneath them. Most skirts and dresses made from lace provide a built-in liner for modesty. If your item comes unlined, make sure to stock up on basics for layering–tank tops, slips, bandeaus, leggings, etc. Or use lace as your cover-up! A lace tank looks fabulous peeking out from a button up or under a scoop neck.
- Go for accents. Lace accessories – such as tights, shoes, headbands, and jewelry – are an effortless way to add interest to a look, especially if you’re on the fence about lace clothing. Or, if you’re a beauty maven, go for a runway-inspired look with lace-covered nails!
- Add detail. One of the freshest ways to wear lace involves using the fabric as an inset. Peekaboo dresses and cut-out cardigans create gorgeous contrast between smooth fabric and alluring lace.
- Handle with care. Be mindful of lace’s delicate nature when caring for your new clothing. Always check the tags for washing instructions, and when in doubt, hand wash! Use a mild soap and avoid scrubbing and wringing, both of which can cause snags and tears. Hang the items to dry, or machine dry on low in a mesh bag.
No matter your feelings on this trend, we’ve got a piece for you to try! The 20+ pieces below all showcase this fabulous fabric, and most are budget-friendly. Pick your level of interest and go from there!
Product Information: Flora Frill Sock, Nasty Gal. Mini Mesh Lace Earring, Rachel Roy. With Poise and Lace Flat, ModCloth. Pixie Lace Up Brogue, Boohoo. Cream Lace Edge Umbrella, Miss Selfridge. Crinkle Lace Trim Cami, Arden B. Lace Print Rain Boot, Charlotte Russe. Grey Lace Heart Ring, Miss Selfridge.
Taking a chance…
Product Information: Miso Lace Blazer, Republic. Lace Shoulder Bag, Yes Style. Cap Sleeve Lace Inset Baby Doll, Rue21. Cutie Cream Satin/Lace Dress, Dorothy Perkins. Taupe Lace Bandeau Bra, Metropark. Lace-Sleeve Hoodie, DELiAs. Lana Lace Thigh High, Nasty Gal.
Jumping right in!
Product Information: Lace Cardigan Sweater, Target. BB Dakota Baretta Lace Top, Piperlime. Free People Lace Tiered Ruffle Slip, Zappos. Nude Lace Bodysuit, H&M. Aleesa Lace Vest, DELiAs. Where? Everywhere! Lace Shorts, Lulu’s. Miso Lace Shoulder Dress, Republic.
What do you think of the lace trend? Will you be wearing lace in seasons to come? Found any great pieces? Which of these pieces is your favorite? Let everyone know what you’re thinking with a comment!