A statement bag is the perfect finishing touch to any blogger-worthy #OOTD. The right bag can complete a look, or even take the outfit in an entirely new direction. And while everyone needs a go-to neutral carryall, purses with bright colors, wild prints, and bold details will take your fall and end-of-summer style to the next level.
I’ve rounded up 15 of my fave statement makers to help you find your newest arm candy. The best part? Each one rings it at less than $100!
1. This bright pink mini bag is super-trendy (because of its size and color) but will also be stylishly ladylike for years to come. It’s perfect when paired with your LBD or, even better, as a feminine touch to your wildest prints.
2. Grid print is totally having a moment right now, and this dome-shaped bag would look fantastic paired with other colors and sizes of grid and plaid patterns. I’d also love it with a bright, colorblocked ensemble.
3. This Rebecca Minkoff tote adds a boom (literally) to your everyday look. Make it your go-to for beach days now and for hauling books come September.
4. An ice cream cone crossbody was made for end-of-summer fun, and novelty-shaped bags like this one are popping up all over your fave stores’ latest collections (check out Aldo, Betsey Johnson, and Modcloth for more).
5. Cat shapes are yet another quirky bag trend, and the leopard print on this crossbody bag’s ears make it extra special. Purrfect.
6. A bright orange fringed clutch, like this one by Deux Lux, works just as well with a bold day outfit as it does for a night out. The intense color takes the fringe trend beyond boho.
7. This structured, colorblocked bag is absolutely to-die-for, and is one of those accessories so major that you kind of need to build your outfit around it. Some ideas? I love a white muscle tee and pink skinnies or a neon dress and neutral pumps.
8. This Betsey Johnson backpack may actually make you excited to go (gasp!) back to school. There’s no cooler way to tote your textbooks.
9. I love the purple leopard print on this crossbody, and the fabric construction makes it the perfect casual bag. A tee and jeans look way cuter with this baby slung over your shoulder.
10. This pretty pastel satchel works for all seasons, despite its springy appearance. Keep it classic with a striped tee and faded jeans or get flirty with a girly floral dress.
11. For ladies who prefer a more subtle statement, this Steve Madden chevron-patterned bag is a fabulous update on a basic brown tote. And it still goes with everything.
12. The cute little birds on this Deux Lux tote will bring a smile to everyone’s face. And with a white backdrop and multicolored feathered friends, it will go with way more outfits than you’d think. Remember: never be afraid to mix prints!
13. The sequined-front pouch glams this basic backpack up a notch. And since the rest of the bag is neutral, it won’t clash with any of the fab looks you wear to class.
14. You’ve seen moto-jacket inspired bags straight off the Moschino runway, but, at $48, this clutch is a bit more within your budget. In acid wash, it’s super unexpected with your going-out dress.
15. And finally, a little tote for everyone who loves the gingham trend as much as I do. This picnic-ready print looks awesome with other patterns, like florals and polka dots, or adds some fun to a black-and-white look. And unlike your gingham shorts, you can rock this mini bag all year round.
What do you think?
Would you rock any of these statement bags? Which one is your fave? Let me know in the comments!