Coach Creative Director Reed Krakoff | Photo Credit
It's finally starting to feel like fall here, and before we know it, snow will be on the ground. For me, that means it's almost time to start making holiday gift lists and using my free time to go "holiday" shopping.
When I want to get someone something extra special, I usually turn to Coach. Thanks to Creative Director Reed Krakoff, I have everything from cute wristlets to luxurious totes to pick from.
Want to learn more about Reed Krakoff and Coach? Keep reading for ten fun facts and an outfit inspired by Coach!
10 Fun Facts About Coach Creative Director Reed Krakoff:
The Coach Madison Handbag | Photo Credit
- Krakoff began at Coach in 1996. After releasing his first collection, the brand was so impressed with his work that they promoted him to President and Executive Creative Director.
- His wife, Delphine Krakoff, was raised in France and is the daughter of a former secretary of defense.
- Before beginning at Coach, Reed studied at Parson's School of Design and worked for influential companies like Anne Klein and Ralph Lauren.
- In addition to the fabulous bags he's designed, Reed has also created two fragrances and a jewelry line for the brand, as well as commissioned Phillip Lim and other influential designers to collaborate on collections.
- This man does more than just design accessories! Krakoff has recently added Photographer to his resume, and has taken pictures for ELLE Decor, Interview, and Town & Country.
- Reed's calls his inspiration "organic," saying "I could literally pick up anything and start there."
- In 2010, he debuted his own namesake collection to instant acclaim. He now sells clothes, bags, and lingerie under the Reed Krakoff label.
- On his list of ten things every women should own? A statement heel, a man's watch, a guilty pleasure and Diptyque candles - especially in the Fig scent.
- Krakoff counts grey among his signature colors, calling it "richly textured and infinitely mutable."
- He believes talent is about "knowing your limitations and working from that."
Outfit Inspired by Reed Krakoff and Coach:
I'll admit - Coach bags can be way out of many college student budgets. But with a little saving (and maybe a little begging for a parental loan), a Coach bag can be the perfect everyday staple that will last you for years. Pair a neutral colored carryall with some comfortable basics for a casual everyday look. Add a pair of cool boots and some chic bangles to make the outfit casual Friday-ready.
How do you feel about Reed Krakoff and Coach?
Do you love Coach's luxe bags? Have you checked out Reed Krakoff's own line? Tell us about it! Are there other designers you want to know about? Leave us a comment and we'll cover them!