Called Play! by Sephora, the monthly subscription service will begin test-marketing in Boston, Cincinnati, and Columbus, OH in September. Sephora plans to go nationwide with its beauty box in 2016.
Each Play! box costs $10 and contains five deluxe-size samples that cater to a monthly theme. The first box, called “Uncover the Essentials”, includes the following items:
- Sephora Collection Rouge Infusion lip gloss in “Peony”
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Highlighter eyeliner in “Blacquer”
- Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Face Crème
- Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil
- Glamglow Supercleanse Facial Cleanser
Each box also includes bonus samples, a Spotify playlist, a Play! Book (application tips and beauty hacks), and a Play! Pass, which you can use to receive a one-on-one tutorial at your local Sephora store. In addition, select cities will host Play! Dates– in-store events for subscribers.
What do you think?
Do you subscribe to monthly beauty boxes? Will you be signing up for Play! by Sephora? Do you think it’s worth the price? Tell us your thoughts by leaving a comment.