Only 26 more days! Oh… Am I the only one counting down to Halloween? I can’t help it - October 31st is probably my favorite day of the year. As a makeup artist, I love that Halloween allows us to use makeup to truly transform into anything. So from now until Halloween, I’ll be creating Halloween makeup tutorials so that you can have plenty of practice time before your Halloween weekend.
The first tutorial I’m doing is for the more adventurous college girl: I call it “The Living Dead” - basically, one half of your face is done up all nice and pretty.. while the other half is a haunting skeleton. The best thing about this look is that you don’t really need to buy a costume - the makeup speaks for itself. Also, the products you need to create the look are super affordable.
If you want to turn yourself into the living dead, watch the video below for instruction:
How to Get the Look:
- Any foundation & powder a few shades lighter than your skintone - I used Maybelline FitMe in 110. (If you are super pale, you may need to mix foundation with special Halloween white cream makeup, available at drugstores.)
- Any black gel liner - I used MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack.
- Any white cream base - I used NYX eyeshadow base in White
- Any matte black eyeshadow - I used Blackout from Naked2 palette.
- Your regular foundation - I used Urban Decay's Naked Skin in 10.0.
- Any black liquid liner - I used NYC liquid liner in Black. (It's amazing!)
- Any red lipstick - I used MAC Ruby Woo
- Any pink blush - I used MAC Posey.
- Your favorite black mascara - I used Maybelline Great Lash.
What do you think of this Halloween makeup look? Do you use makeup as a costume for Halloween? Do you like to go scary with your Halloween look? Let us know by leaving a comment.