We recently did a post on the dimensional makeup trend we’ve seen in magazine editorials and on runways. This trend centers around avant-garde makeup effects like glitter, feathers, and my favorite, gold leaf.
Now, as your residential makeup junkie, I had to find a way to recreate the gold leaf eye makeup we saw on the runways, but make it wearable for the real world. Gold leaf is beautiful and looks amazing, but is hard to pull off in an everyday setting. Since gold is one of those colors that comes back around every summer, I decided to make it my focus this week.
How to Get the Look:
- MAC Studiofinish Concealer in NC45
- Wet N Wild ColorIcon Palette in Vanity – Discontinued, but check your local drugstore for remaining stock!
- MAC Super Slick Liquid Liner in Pure Show
- MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder
- Covergirl LashBlast Mascara in Black
- Wet N Wild ColorIcon Blush in Heather Silk
- Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart
- Victoria’s Secret Colorshine Gloss in Big Apple
More Tips for Dimensional Makeup:
- For a hint of the feathered look, just create a few extra flicks of liner on the outside corners of your eyes.
- For an extra glittery look, try Make Up For Ever Diamond Powder – use eyelash glue as adhesive so the glitter lasts all day.
- Have fun and don’t be afraid to try something new!
Are you loving bold eyeliner like this for summer? Would you guys like to see more runway looks re-created for the real world? What are some of your favorite summer beauty trends? Let me know down below!