As a short-haired girl, I sometimes feel a little left out by fashion and beauty magazines, which is why I wanted to write this article. Short hair can seem to lack versatility, but it's easier than you think to switch up your look! All you need is a little creativity.
Here are 5 simple and chic tips for changing up your short hair on a day-to-day basis!
1. Go curly! If you have slightly longer short hair (say, a bob), don't be afraid to use a curling iron or some rollers to get cute curls! Kirsten Dunst (far right picture above) looks so gorgeous with her blonde curly bob! I use a curling iron to give my short hair a little flip sometimes, or even just to add some texture for a night out.
2. Don't be afraid of texture. Pomade and hairspray are a short-haired girl's best friends! Every day, I use a straightener on my bangs and then some strong hold pomade to give my hair a messy texture - it can switch your hair from a "regular" look to a rocker chic look in just one step!
3. Spike it. One of the greatest things about having a true pixie cut is the ability to play with the height of your hair. Spikes can look cute and feminine when you have the right cut. Just be careful not to overdo it - less is more when it comes to spikes!
4. Use barrettes. One of my favorite things to do on a daily basis is to pin my bangs to the side. I use brightly colored barrettes that you can buy cheaply at any drug store. If you want to go the DIY route, you could also decorate your own plain colored barrettes or safety pins with some cute buttons and hot glue!
5. Implement headgear! Hair accessories are fabulous for short-haired girls. I wear headbands, hats, and headscarves all the time! And seriously, how chic does Victoria Beckham look with that headband above!? Headgear is one of the best ways to switch up your short hair day-to-day -- or to keep you from going crazy while growing it out.
What do you think?
Do you have short hair? If you do, what do you do on a daily basis to keep your look exciting? What are your favorite short hairstyles? Let us know in the comments!