Runways are a fantastic source of inspiration. These garments can inspire us to explore new sides of our personal styles or to venture outside of our comfort zones. Clothing, of course, is the focus at fashion shows, but I always manage to find some great inspiration for makeup looks!
Makeup and clothing often go hand in hand, so I created two makeup looks inspired by Fall 2016 fashion trends. Keep on reading to see how you can get some runway-inspired looks yourself!
As a side note, I realized I used some more expensive products than normal. What can I say, I was bit by the makeup bug! That said, I've include some drugstore alternatives below each look to make it much easier to recreate these looks on any budget. Let's get to the looks.
1. Leather Trench
Designers took the ever-so-popular leather jacket and gave it a makeover, transforming it into a chic leather trench. This new trend makes leather feel much less intimidating. A deep smoky is the perfect pairing for this trend!
How to Get This Look:
1. Apply foundation/base as normal.
2. Swipe on a light layer of a bright pink blush (Nars Multiple stick in Portiofino).
3. Use a deep mauve lipstick on the lips (I used Estée Lauder Hydra Lustre Lipstick in Dune Rose (discontinued); I also love the Clinique Lip Pop in Plum Pop).
2. Lightly drag the base color outwards with a clean fluffy brush to elongate the shape.
4. Balance the rest of the eye by applying your base shadow through the crease and under the lower lash line.
5. Complete the eyes with a bold, voluminous mascara for some killer lashes (Clinique Chubby Lash mascara in Bodacious Black Honey).
Metals also made a dominating appearance on the runways, catching eyes left and right. The best way to channel this trend with your makeup is with a look that imparts a subtle metallic glow to the face and eyes.
How to Get This Look:
2. Put on foundation/base as normal.
3. Pop on a generous amount of highlighter to the cheeks and cheekbones for a lit-from-within glow (The Balm’s Mary Lou-Manizer).
4. Dab a light layer of clear balm or gloss on the lips for natural plumpness and shine (Lancome Juicy Shaker in Boom Merengue - not pictured)
1. Apply a light-colored metallic shadow all across the lid (Pur Cosmetics Eye Polish in Silk).
2. Take a silver eyeshadow on the inner half of the eye and blend it into your base color to create a neat duochrome look (Buxom Eyeshadow in Diamond Darling).
3. Finish with a light brown mascara on the top and bottom lashes for some light definition (Benefit They're Real Lash Primer).
Highlighter: Elf Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls
What do you think?
Are you inspired by runway fashion? Would you try out one of these looks? Let us know below!