It’s getting to be that time of year again: back-to-school shopping time! While school shopping can be fun, it can also become very expensive, very fast.
To prove that it’s possible to go back to school on a budget, we’ve rounded up ten staple pieces, each under $10. That means you could all get these pieces – which can be paired into multiple outfits, and styled with what you already have – for less than $100 total! Pretty impressive, right?
- 1. Of course, jeans are a college staple, and these colored jeans from Kohl’s are a steal. The rich purple color is also a nice change of pace from your typical blue pair.
- 2. Sweaters are ideal for the transition to fall weather, and this high-low knit from Target will go well with everything in your closet – wear it with jeans, skirts, or over a dress!
- 3. This bright coral infinity scarf from Modcloth will spice up any outfit while keeping you warm during the colder months.
- 4. Ankle booties are still going strong, and this sparkly black pair from Charlotte Russe is great for the transition from class to a night out. Who would’ve guessed you could find a pair of boots for under $10?!
- 5. This black skirt from JCPenney is a super versatile piece for school – you can wear it during warm weather or with tights when it’s cold. It’s another great piece for both class and dressier occasions.
- 6. These cute sneakers from Forever 21 are great for campus, since they’re a comfortable choice for the walk to and from class.
- 7. Phone cases are a cheap and easy way to accessorize – check Etsy for some unique and affordable options that support independent artists.
- 8. Beanies are very on-trend for fall, so find a nice cozy one in your color of choice (like this one from ASOS) to keep you warm and stylish.
- 9. Whether for class or weekend outings, this slouchy brown cross-body bag with zipper accents from Charlotte Russe is sure to come in handy.
- 10. A skater dress, like this striped one from Charlotte Russe, is another versatile addition to your closet. Wear it with sandals when it’s warm, with heels for a party, or with a cardigan and boots when it’s chilly.
Which piece is your favorite? Do you shop on a budget for back-to-school? Would you like to see more posts like this? Let us know in the comments!