Most people in college are too busy following the latest trends to worry about "building a wardrobe", but investing in timeless pieces now will definitely pay off in the long run. In this post from TipsBin.com, the writer outlines many ways to choose clothing that is going to last you a few seasons, instead of outfits that are just going to be out of style in a few months time.
Some good points:
- Invest in white tops. They go with everything and can be worn practically any season.
- Quality denim is timeless. Dress jeans down with flats and a tee, or up with a nice blouse and classy pumps. Spend the money to get a few good quality pairs of jeans that fit you well.
- Dresses are always versatile and stylish. If you buy the right one, it can work for practically any occasion.
- You don't need 234,923 handbags. A couple of high quality bags in classic colors will do.
- We all need a "little black dress." Enough said.
With all the focus on trends in college, it's relieving to remember that the classic pieces will always be there to keep your wardrobe perpetually in style.