Merry Christmas, CF readers! After the thrill of Christmas morning, one of the most exciting things that keeps me going (besides the warm holiday spirit and time with family, of course) is the prospect of post-Christmas sales, where I can make up for the fact that I was a bad daughter this year and forgot to order presents until the last moment — although, in my defense, I’ve been in bed with a horrible case of the flu since the middle of finals week.
Even though there might several weeks until we go back to our homes-away-from-home (or even abroad, you lucky globe-trotting people out there!), post-holiday shopping is my favorite time to stock up on dorm room goodies that are otherwise horribly inflated during the back-to-school rush.
With that in mind, here’s a roundup of some of our favorite after-holiday dorm room picks to look out for when you’re perusing the mall at the end of this week. Let’s get started!
- Nothing is more cozy than a cable-knit throw, and this one is nicely priced, thanks to a post-holiday markdown. This warm throw would be a perfect addition to your room for spring semester.
- There can never be enough seating in your room, so pick up a simple patterned pouf the next time you’re at the mall.
- The ubiquitous Lilly dresses will be heralding spring soon enough, but why not kick off 2014 with a long-hanging wall calendar from the famous designer, like this one?
- Get some much-needed beauty rest next semester with a sleep mask. This one will have you channeling your inner Holly Golightly.
- I have to thank my wonderful Secret Santa for the next idea. A programmable coffee maker will definitely be on sale post-Christmas, and I received a 12-cup one this month. What can I say? My Secret Santa knows all about my (somewhat embarrassing) coffee addiction! Get your own here.
- I bet you don’t want your holiday (or future dorm guests) to leave, so encourage them to stay over one more cup of tea with this adorable welcome mat.
- Okay, so this next one isn’t really a product – but tackling a DIY project is one of the best ways to lift your spirits, and this Holi-inspired poster print is wonderful for brightening up a dull winter day. Make your own with this tutorial, courtesy of Design*Sponge!
What do you think?
Do you frequent the mall or outlets after Christmas? What else will you be stocking up on after the holiday season? What do you think of our picks? Let us know with a comment!