Summer brings so many opportunities to celebrate after a long year of studying. Thanks to everything from music festivals to pool parties, backyard BBQs and beach days, summer really is the best time of the year.
Whenever I am planning my outfits and makeup for summer, I always make sure they're both daytime and nighttime-appropriate since most summer activities last on into the night. My favorite day-to-night makeup look for summer is a brown smokey eye. In the video, you'll see that I "cat out" my eyes with shadow rather than liner to create a smoldering eye that looks great for day AND night.
How to Get the Look:
- MAC Indianwood Paint Pot
- NARS Galapagos Eyeshadow
- NAKED2 Palette: Blackout, Suspect, Foxy
- MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder
- Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara
- MAC Posey Blush
- Victoria's Secret Luminous Cheek & Face Highlighter in Striking - Discontinued
- L'Oreal Infallible 6hr Lip Liner in Muave
- Maybelline Color Sensations Lipgloss in Watermelon Punch
More Tips for Day-to-Night Makeup:
- Be sure to make the colors deep enough for night but soft enough for day. Think browns and greys rather than black.
- Spritz your face with a setting spray to make your makeup last all day. My favorite is Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray.
- Keep some oil blotting sheets in your purse to avoid unwanted shine.
- Try to use waterproof makeup items if you're spending lots of time outside or could get splashed!
How did you guys like the video? What's your favorite summer activity? What's your go-to summer makeup look? Let me know down below!